Job Vacancy-Software Design Engineer (6 Month Fixed Term)
Posted on 22 December 2016 by Jenver
Software Design Engineer (Fixed Term)
This position forms part of a product design and development team comprising a number of engineers in each of a number of design disciplines. The role will involve in all aspect of software development lifecycle that include the design, implementation, integration, testing, maintenance and enhancement of radio based software and application. The target is real-time embedded, and the development environment and toolset is Linux based. The radios software products include:
- Radio Control, Configuration and Monitoring application
- WEB based user interface
- Radio and network diagnostic tools
- Network and routing protocols
- Encryption and Security
- Header and payload compression
- SNMP, DNP3, QoS etc
What we are looking for in the successful applicant:
- Previous experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Embedded C or C++ software design experience.
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Kernel device drivers programming experience
- Experience with networking and communication protocols.
- Web development experience is a bonus.
- Experience of work in Agile/Scrum team is a bonus.
- PHP-Unit or Selenium based test development experience would be a bonus.