Job Vacancy - Field Support Engineer (Phoenix, Arizona)
Scope of the Role
As a Field/Customer Support Engineer, this role will ensure top quality, professional technical support will be provided to all customers who utilize MiMOMax products and solutions. The Field/Customer Support Engineer is the primary technical interface between the customer and the MiMOMax organization following the delivery of a MiMOMax product or system. You will provide both on-site and remote technical support for MiMOMax equipment, systems and services. The role will require travel, however, will initially be focused on customers in Phoenix. The position will require the employee to be on call as required to meet the obligations of various support contracts and support operations requirements.
Communication skills and knowledge of products/firmware/software and customer usage of MiMOMax equipment and competitors’ equipment is required. The Field/Customer Support Engineer will be expected to continue to acquire skills and knowledge through both training and experience in some of the following areas:
- Oral and written communication.
- Customer Service skills – responsiveness, accuracy, reliability, empathy, assurance.
- Existing and proposed markets for MiMOMax products.
- MiMOMax products.
- Emerging Communications and Network Technologies.
- Company organisation, structure and engineering interfaces.
- MiMOMax Quality system.
- Problem solving.
Person Specification Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience in a wireless communications field support role and/or
- At least 5 years’ experience in a wireless communications customer support role, including IP networking configuration.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Attention to detail; making sure issues do not get dropped.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent component level troubleshooting skills.
- Technical problem-solving skills with wireless communications technology.
- Installation skills for wireless communications network equipment.
- Commissioning skills for mobile communications network equipment.
- Understanding of IP networking and configuration.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Detailed knowledge of telecommunications networks and systems.
- Detailed knowledge of RF technologies and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operations systems.
- Detailed knowledge of network standards, protocols and hardware.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and IP Configuration
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively in a close-knit team.
- Empathy for the customer and the ability to communicate that.
- Honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- An eye for detail while still being able to see things in a broader context Qualification Requirements.
- A minimum of an Associate of Science in Electronic Technology or equivalent military or industrial training.